Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-02-16, 23:22

Help setting up Nano Series of controllers

Hi,

I've just received a set of Korg Nano controllers, and am attempting to get them up and running with Reason. The Nano Key was no problem at all, I chose a preset and I was away. The Nano Pad and Nano Kontrol have been somewhat trickier. I've had a look at the Reason Manual, but there's a fairly important part of my brain which seems to switch off whenever I come across the word midi, and despite having been writing music on computers for years, I still only have a very basic understanding of this stupidly important aspect of my hobby.

I've managed to get the Nano Pad working (kind of) by setting it up as a Midi controller keyboard in the Reason prefs, but this only seems to control a few of the drums. I've had a play about with the Korg software which I've downloaded for these, but my changes seem to have no effect on the Pad. There also seems to be a way of redefining these pads through Reason itself (I think), but I'm not sure how (the manual referred me to the midi implementation chart in the documentation which might as well have been written in Swahili for all the good it did me).

Is there anyone out there who can explain to me how I should go about setting this Nano Pad up, and can do so in such clear and concise language that even a slightly backward child could grasp it? If so I would greatly appreciate the help.

Andrew.