Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-04-17, 07:43

Rns media player

What i'd like to seriously see in any DAW, especially reason- here's the scenario:

PROBLEM: musicians create libraries of songs, open and load individual projects to hear each song; a title can not tell you the sound of a project

SOLUTION: RNS player: allowing you to preview your projects quickly (browse and istantaneously listen to saved rns projects without having to open the whole dang thing- even with a reasonably quick pc there is still a few minutes of thumb twiddlig & creativity loss whilst projects loadup).

SkReasonPlay 1.0 still has to open reason and load the file, this doesn't cut it; this programme is redundant as it's actually the same as just locating your rns and double clicking it
----
Tech: If a streamlined RNS player/ previewer that prefetchs song data could easily be incorporated then fine. if not, then prehaps a compressed/ low quality wav snippet could be saved of newly created projects right before reason shutsdown/ is exited; Rns player could utilise this wav snippet.
----
If not i'll create my own daw

Last edited by Illi; 2009-04-17 at 08:07.