Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-05-12, 08:11

New Drum Machine...MPC/Motu BPM Style

I know I've seen suggestions for an updated drum machine, an updated Rex player that can create Rex files, etc, etc.

I've been really intrigued by the new offerings by Motu (BPM), and NI (Mashine), but I am a diehard Reason user, and can't see myself deviating from that path.

I'd like to see a new drum machine device, maybe along the line of BPM...MPC style virtual pads that you can assign an unlimited number of layers to each pad. Have the ability to visually see the waveforms for sounds that are on the pads and edit them. Have a filters, eq's, and envelopes that can be used for each pad.

Also have the ability to slice samples within the unit, and then assign those slices to pads.

Lastly, have an updated step sequencer within the unit (again see BPM's sequencer), and maybe have this as an extra collapsible drop down off the unit itself.

I'd pay for an update of Reason even if this is the only unit that was added, and I can see a unit such as this fitting nicely into the rack...ah...perfect!

www.myspace.com/adamaticbeatz