Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-05-20, 20:20
irondragons

Recording from Reason into Adobe Audition

Well, I know what you're all thinking - REWIRE. But. Ehem. Quite frankly I'm fed up with rewire.

Basically I want to record out of reason and into audition through the computer somehow, but I'm not sure. I'd be fine to use 'What U Hear', but the problem is that i'm trying to play drums to an exsisting track that i want to play along with(so its going to be playing in the same 'what u hear' channel as the drums are), so its all gonna layer and I really don't want that.

Could any of you suggest a soundcard channel that I could use to record my Reason sound into Audition without the layering? And yes, I tried using the line-out into my microphone port and it sounds awful. :<

Or any possible work around if you were in my situation.

Any suggestions? This has been driving me nuts for months now.

PS : And yes, I'm willing to buy a new soundcard if it comes to it, I currently have a cheap 20 euro x-fi card, so if buying an x-fi elite for example would help, uh, do tell.

PPS: No, I'm not buying Record.