Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-07-21, 16:31

Dumb question - installing 3.05 on a Leopard Intel Mac

Forgive me if this is a particularly dumb set of questions:

A little while back I upgraded to Mac Intel machines from my PPC machines, but I didn't bother with installing Reason, since I wasn't using it much at the time. Anyhow, I had initially purchased Reason 2.0, then purchased the 3.0 upgrade, and I know the only Leopard compatible version is 3.05, which leads me to my first dumb question:

Do I need to install 2.0, then upgrade to 3.05 via the downloadable update, or do I just download the 3.05 update and install it, using the discs that came with the 3.0 upgrade to install the sounds? If so, are the sounds that came with the 3.0 upgrade complete or just an incremental update to the sounds from version 2.0?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but the changeover from PPC to Intel Mac processors sort of complicates the process of updating the old pre-Universal Binaries. pre-Mac Intel macs, especially for someone like me that waited a particularly long time to make the shift.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.