Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-10-19, 18:37
betabongo

Anyone use Yamaha DD-55 or DD-65 with reason??

I'm looking for a midi drum controller to use with reason. I've tried out the DD-55, separate from Reason and I quite liked it. It looks like a toy, but is really quite professional for the price. I know it is midi compatable, but have heard/read stories online that it doesn't work so well with reason (something to do with the gate or latency being too short, so only triggers the drum sounds every so often and the high hat and bass pedals might not work so well either)

Does anyone have experience with the DD-55 working in Reason, or any ways round the above problems. I'm also interested in the DD-65, which costs a little more, but would be prepared to pay, if it was proved it worked fine in Reason.

If it is the case that these two drum machines aren't at all suitable, can anyone suggest machines that are - that are also not too expensive.

Relatively new to all this, so thank you for any and all help received.

Peace & Loveism.