Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-08-26, 15:38

Post even a new software - a player for live gigs

.think of a singer and a guitar player who want to add a little drumbeat here and a little bassline there - simple ? not at all, cos music is more !

i am talking a loop player that is capable of playing song playbacks -but stop ! NOT the ones we know .....
background :
most of the songs have predefined song structures - to playback these is easy, you take a mp3 player and hit PLAY.

but to mix it up a little there also should be songs that are arranged on the fly cos straight playback mode is - boring - !!!!!! you always must count how long the solo is and if you miss it all goes wrong - its NOT a cool way to perform at all !! the audience feels the pressure - its not like it should be ....only the ones who did playback gigs will know what i mean..

so here comes the loop player that plays a part of a song, like intro and verse, and you trigger these with a normal Midi- foot controller......you add your strings in the second verse and play a solo as long as you want - choose from some variation loops of the song....

this would be the next software generation -
yes, there is Abletomn LIVE -its very close, but has the producing features that you wouldn't need here- you do the loop producing with some other software...
and as well i've tried some features and came to the conclusion that it was not specially designed for this purpose - and fails on simple song oriented tasks.

dont want to get deeper here.......

Last edited by tobi44; 2009-08-26 at 15:48.