Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-08-30, 08:13

Reason/Record NEEDS Spectrum Analysis

Hello all you beautiful musicions and engineers out there at Propellerhead.

I recently took a course on Audio Engineering and vastly expanded my knowledge of how to properly mix down musical compositions.

One thing that was driven into my head was the need to use Spectrum Analyzers when doing mixdowns.

Reason / Record is LACKING in this.

I Currenly need to rewire into a 3rd party application to use a spectrum analysis plugin so that I can SEE the frequency ranges my sounds have in order to properly EQ them for mixdowns.

Reason / Record would be vastly more powerful for creating better sounding music if it had a device that had a proper spectrum analysis view. Perhaps even the Hardware Device could include it at the top of the rack.

Currently the only thing remotely close is the Vocoder's spectrum analysis bars but this device is grossly inacurate and does not meter correctly. What I mean by this is the bouncing bars representing the frequency are not accuratly labelled and so you can not figure out what bar is what frequency and therefore you can not use the eq easily to adjust frequencies.

I absolutely LOVE Reason and am thrilled by the coming of Record however both do not seem to include one of the most powerful tools for a recording engineer. The spectrum Analyzer.

ITS THE ONLY THING MISSING IN THESE WONDERFUL PROGRAMS!!

Please please please build one into the next version,

Yours Truely,

DJ Phroh
www.myspace.com/djphroh
www.facebook.com/djphrhoh