Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-09-05, 17:55

Arrow Making the ignition key more user friendly

Hi all, this thread is not another "we don't want a dongle" thread. Please refain from any such discussions here. Let's collect ideas to make the dongle more user-friendly, and thus more widely accepted, while maintaining the copyright protection interests for future versions of Record / Reason.

Ideas:

1) Require the ignition key only once per session. Limiting this to like 12 hours could prevent running the software non-stop.

2) While opening a file with ignition key inserted, generate a unique software key (combining various hashes) along with the workfile that will enable re-opening it, on that computer only, without the ignition key inserted. (Think spontaneous additions you wish to make to your tune on your notebook. Probably away from home, the dongle, and the web. I've been in that situation too often, I would miss being able to do that.)

Commodore 64 and Amiga Remixing Community:
Remix64.com