Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-10-03, 05:48
acehole7

Questions about Record

Hi y'all, I'm seriously interested in the Reason and Record combo but have a few questions. First of all does Record support any kind of third party plugins (AU/VST)? I would really hope they do support other plugins as not doing so would seriously turn off alot of users of other DAWs that might otherwise crossover to Record IMHO. I would really love to use Record, but if I can't use Superior Drummer and my Pod Farm plugins...I might not be willing to switch over. Also can Record be used to control external MIDI gear? For example, I use a Yamaha DTXtreme 3 electronic drumset and would like to be able to record the MIDI data performance from the drums and play back by having Record send the MIDI back to the drum module so I can edit and mix on the module or route the MIDI into Reason to use whichever drums I want. I had heard that this was not possible with Reason but is it now possible with Record?