Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-10-21, 01:15

Got asio latency issues? Dpclat is here!

Hi. Struggling to find that pesky device that makes your computer have occasional stutters while playing otherwise perfectly working low latency asio audio? Dpclat should help you do just that.

I wanted to share a little program I accidentally found some months ago. Its an app called Dpclat, and this program polls your computer about every second or so to report what resident latency you got on your system. Read the docs for more specific info. Personally I finally were able, through actual values, to pinpoint the exact effect my wireless network card has on my system. And its not good, so to speak. I personally have quite high polling numbers, but I think this is because its a gamer pc as well as an audio computer. Its in the green or yellow though, so it works fine as long as I disable the wireless. I have to do this in the device manager however, as merely disabling the network connection does nothing to remedy the situation.

Anyways, here is the link to the app: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Hope this is helpful to some of you guys. Cheers.