Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-10-23, 15:00

Unhappy reason 4.0.1 and axiom 49

hi all

i've managed ot setup the above and i'm able to control instrument knobs and sliders from my axiom but wanted to know...

can i assign midi keyboard controls to change patches on the various modules in my rack? one rack at a time obviously...

i went into Options => Remote Override Edit Mode and the Combinator shows the patch change buttons available for assignment so i assigned the Select Next Patch button to a rotary knob on my axiom. i then went back into normal mode but the rotary knob has no effect on the patch change. (the hardware is definitely ok, works in other situations)

i then tried something a bit unorthodox. i assigned the Select Next Patch button of the Combinator to a note key on my keyboard. that had the desired effect (patch change) but obviously it's silly and useless...

any guesses?
i'm reasonably new to Reason.

thanks,
kostis

p.s.
i have installed all drivers of the axiom and have set it up with Reason as not the autodetected M-Audio Axiom 49 (as this would not allow me to control the instrument parameters from the axiom) but instead set it up as M-Audio <Other> (Midi Control Keyboard)...