Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-11-17, 15:19
stuj1

Touch Pad Effects Unit!!

My idea is for a Touch Pad control unit - a whole new way of interacting with the Reason instruments and effects units.

The unit has a touch pad which the user can scribble on using the mouse. This generates data such as the x and y coordinates, velocity of the strokes etc, which can be sent to any of the Reason units you like - flange effects, synthesizers etc. You could have the ability to record patterns with looping playback, and have presets for some of the common uses - eg. controlling flange effects, or controlling a particular synth.

As a software based alternative to the Korg Kaoss pad, this new kind of interaction with the Reason would be a fantastic and versatile development.

Also, whilst this would be great fun to use with the mouse - imagine those lucky people with touch screens!

(If you like the idea, please let me know - I would love some credit, would love to collaborate on the development, and would hate for you to steal it from me without any reward!! I developed a similar unit for a University project, which can be seen in action as a prototype. It was developed in Flash and Cycling24 and connects to Reason through ReWire.)

Many thanks

Stu J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rEASONpATCH.jpg (40.2 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by stuj1; 2009-11-17 at 15:47.