Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-12-03, 21:00

Exclamation An invitation....

Hello -

me and some cohorts are in the process of starting a online zine aimed at promoting independent artist (audio + visual) one of the things we are going to start with to kick it off is a "no theme" online beat comp to be distributed for free via download. The only theme is that it is INSTRUMENTAL HIP HOP meaning samples, instrumentation, synths, scratching, whatever - if u e-digg, just do me a favor and don't tell me

so here are the only rules

1. under 4 minutes

2. a decent audio mix

3. no loops - needs to progressive in some way - don't bother sending a 8 bar loop

4. Feb 1, 2010 deadline

5. no drum stock loops, no stock instrument loop - original breaks and material please

6. there is a cap on the length and size of this, so it's a first come first serve -

7. ONE track per person -

8. THIS IS AIMED AT THE INSTRUMENTAL HIP HOP CROWD - no D&B, dubstep, house, nothing else - not that I think any of that is wack, but we have a target audience we are trying to reach - so, things need to be in the range of 85 to 100 bpms, but it does not have to be "hip hop" that somebody could rap on - also, clubby type mainstream radio tracks are NOT what we are interested in - and NO R&B - I don't mean to come across rude or arrogant, it's just that my mail box has been flooded on other sites by people who obviously did not read the description

9. we will send out a questionnaire to anybody who is on it to promote your music - little bio and contact sort of thing

These tracks are going to be reviewed, so it's not a free for all. It needs to be all heat, no sleep. So far, from the material I've been getting, this is going to be really dope.

if you are interested, hit me up with a message here
if you don't do myspazz, PM me on this forum and I'll send you my email

LETS TAKE OVER THE WORLD

PEACE