Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-12-12, 13:40

Question Record and Line 6

Just posted this in the user forum before realising it might be better here. - Apologies for the duplication.....

Hi all, I've just treated myself to Record for xmas (obviously haven't unwrapped it yet!) and am thinking of getting the Line 6 UX2 for my guitar. My questions are unfortunately many but for starters if someone could give me definitive answers to the following I'll know whether to spend my money on something else...

1: will the pod farm amps / effects etc appear inside Record as devices?

2: assuming they do can I record my guitar dry into Record (whilst listening wet) and then go change the amps effects etc to change the guitar sound once it's recorded or do you have to record what you hear going in and then that's it?

3: I have an M-Audio FW410 that I use as my audio interface. I don't mind having the UX2 set as my default interface if I'm recording guitar but would prefer to default to the FW410 for everything else as I'm assuming the audio quality is higher than the UX2. Will this be a pain and involve lots of manually switching things around?

4: Lastly any opinions of the sounds you can get out of the UX2 and a guitar? I mostly use clean guitar sounds with reverb / delay but will occasionally want to turn it up to 11.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Aiden