Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-12-29, 15:27

Exclamation Looking for an Apogee Duet Replacement, Issues Overwhelming

I have been using an Apogee Duet with Record. I am looking for a replacement. Can you guys recommend something that's similar to the Duet, but has no known problems when used with Record on a Mac?

With the Duet, I get crackling problems when recording if too many tracks (and sometimes latency problems too, but that's usually fixed by changing the sample rate or restarting the app). Anyway, it feels like I'm on a PC again. It's a very sad thing for me and I just yearn for a problem-free setup.

I've emailed Apogee's support, even got them working directly with me and a Record tech named Henrik Lenberg (this was during the time of the beta, and no the final release did not fix the issue). Henrik doesn't work for Propellerhead anymore. So, they couldn't figure it out. I've seen other people on this forum have the same issue, too.

I record all the music myself, so I don't really need more than two inputs. I don't want to spend more than $500 preferably, but I'll always budge if I need to on price because I know limiting yourself can limit you in the long run.

I have liked the simplicity of the Duet, I love the look of it, I love the big volume knob. I'll be sad to let that go. But you know, I just want something that works. This is not cutting it...

Oh, forgot to say: I can't even get my Mac to recognize my Duet anymore. As of this morning. I'm supposed to be making music right now and I've been mucking around with the Duet for an hour.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice everyone!

Last edited by squint0r; 2009-12-29 at 15:31.