Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-05-28, 23:06

Smile THE feature request: Profile attached wish-lists

I'd like a wish-list that is attached to my profile and integrated intelligently with all other wish-lists(feature suggestions).

Critical to quality would require..
  1. Integration across forum users so wish-list items that were similar could be cross-referenced across all users
  2. Voting. Other users could thumbs up/down or mark as "Item in product".
  3. Persistant. Wish lists would be a living document instead of posts that get lost in as quickly as a day. I could edit my list daily and it would cause forum chaos.
  4. Prioritized. Day to day, users could drag and drop items to prioritize what enhancements they'd like to see.
  5. Comments owned by OP. For example, I could delete comments sent to my own wish-list items, or delete entire items.
  6. The Silver Bullet. This would be a singular tag I could attached to ONE item in anyone else's wish-list. That's one tag per list, not in total. This would be the item I want the most in someone else's list. This will help users see what items on their own list is a possible "killer feature" and would be a valuable tool for Props.
The Feature Suggestion forum as it stands now is mostly noise. I don't see how anyone on Props side could make use of that data in it's current form. This sort of data needs to be structured to get the best user feedback and input. Tracking traffic and keyword matching is not the best way to gather input.

For example, on my profile under Wish List, you see and be able to interact with something like this..

DANRENEER'S WISH LIST

Device: Reason & Record Title: Product consistency and definition
Description: R/R to both use the same mixer, window management, and effects! Recycle integrated into Record. Record= working with audio. Reason=virtual instrumentation. Kill the concept of Record being a wrapper, they would simple share the same mixer space. An nwere version on one and not the other would mean those tracks have access to newer effects/instruments.
See similar items from other profiles (2)
Thumbs Up: 7 Thumbs Down: 1,232 Comments: 2 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: Thor Title: More inputs on back of Thor, like Amp Env
Description: Hard Amp Env in the back of Thor. Allows for more patch-independent modularity. It's independent of any programming which allows me to scroll through sounds/devices without losing cables. A filter envelope filter would be cool too, maybe through a switch on the back defaulted to Filter1. More hard cable inputs across all devices!
Thumbs Up: 5 Thumbs Down: 4 Comments: 5 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: New Title: CV Machine
Description: This would do all sorts of CV filtering/modulation, as well as convert audio to CV. Highly programable.
See similar items from other profiles (3)
Thumbs Up: 5 Thumbs Down: 1 Comments: 0 Copy to My Wish-list LIST FAVORITE remove

Device: Matrix Title: Piano roll
Description: Piano roll identical to what is found in the MIDI editor for tracks. Polyphonic Matrix. Piano roll clips could be any length.
See similar items from other profiles (11)
Thumbs Up: 6 Thumbs Down: 0 Comments: 1 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: Reason & Record Title: Recycle product built into R&R
Description: record audio -> select a portion of a waveform -> transfer into ReCycle device -> slice -> save -> subsequent REX browsing from OctoREX would include a "Recently created REX's" list
See similar items from other profiles (14)
Thumbs Up: 15 Thumbs Down: 0 Comments: 10 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: Combinator Title: Program to more controls
Description: Example, currently the amount knobs on the back of devices are not programmable.
See similar items from other profiles (4)
Thumbs Up: 2 Thumbs Down: 0 Comments: 1 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: Thor, Combinator Title: Other programming modes
Description: Toggle a switch (preceding each programming row) and use +x or -x instead of x. Also a midpoint mode where the midpoint of Combi knob is y with x and z being the min and max values.
Thumbs Up: 0 Thumbs Down: 0 Comments: 0 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: Reason Sequencer Title: Quick keys to edit Snap to Grid amount
Description: I hate using the mouse to edit the control. Give me quick keys.
See similar items from other profiles (1)
Thumbs Up: 3 Thumbs Down: 0 Comments: 3 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: New Title: MIDI FX device
Description: A device that when placed before sound generation devices (plugged into a Combi maybe?) would have MIDI filter and FX capabilities.
Thumbs Up: 8 Thumbs Down: 1 Comments: 5 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: Patch Browser Title: Drag and drop patches
Description: I want to drag and drop (with copy) to my own folder structure. Not favorites!
See similar items from other profiles (3)
Thumbs Up: 0 Thumbs Down: 0 Comments: 1 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: New Title: Color picker
Description: For tracks or for Combis. Selecting for track would colorize all contained Combis.
See similar items from other profiles (12)
Thumbs Up: 3 Thumbs Down: 0 Comments: 6 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: Reason Mixer Title: Drag and drop channels
Description: drag and drop re-org of tracks.
See similar items from other profiles (7)
Thumbs Up: 2 Thumbs Down: 3 Comments: 5 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: Reason Sequencer Title: Regions
Description: Midi learnable markers with "live seeking".
See similar items from other profiles (5)
Thumbs Up: 2 Thumbs Down: 2 Comments: 1 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Device: Rewire Title: 64bit Rewire
Description: Not a huge priority for me but I can't use 64bit Reaper until this happens
See similar items from other profiles (1,384,348)
Thumbs Up: 948,344 Thumbs Down: 539 Comments: 19,438 Copy to My Wish-list Set as list favorite

Last edited by danreneer; 2010-05-29 at 23:08. Reason: add another wishlist item