Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-02-01, 10:58

Record and Line 6 Amps question

I filed my taxes recently, and should be getting a decent refund. I'll be picking up Record at that time. But I was also considering getting a Line 6 Pod X3, since as I understand it, it makes more settings available inside Record. As the X3 supposedly has the most models of any of the Pods, it should, I suppose, open up every possible amp model within the Record version of the amps.

Well, I was noodling around with the demo, and it occurs to me that although the Pod X3 has a number of built-in stompbox-type effects, such as distortion and reverb and the like, there seems to be no point of selection for such effects inside the Record amps.

This isn't that much of a problem, after all Record does have its own effects that could be used in conjunction with an amp and cabinet model, although Line 6's effects might have a different "flavor" to them.

Still, I'm asking if anyone can confirm just how much plugging in a Line 6 device "grants" the virtual amps in Record. Is it amps and cabinets only? Or have I missed an effects section (or is it simply unavailable with no hardware device acting as a dongle)?