Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-02-07, 23:22

Post Velocity tool drawing.

Hello, Reason is my favourite All-in-one, and, i have some request it is a very usefull Velocity Drawing tool, as we all know Reason sequencer gets better in every New Version but there are some tools that are essencial to create some better Midi Loop Based Patterns, i don´t want to compare it to other tool and if we already worked with other tool we will see how it works:

the Drawing Tool for Velocity parameter:

1- We should be able to change each note velocity, in accords for example you play/Rec at the same time 3Notes, to change the velocity we have to change all note velocity at the same time, there are no winning note velocity!, so the recorded material stays very Linear with no Ups/Dows.
This velocity only can be recorded with different velocity if we record them Performing our keyboard and Record on the fly.
In the recorded Midi loop if we select the first note of the Accord and try to change the velocity all the velocity of the other notes are changed automaticly.
2- I think this feature could be well handled in Reason sequencer, Changing Velocity Parameter for each note separatly. Even if the notes are recorded in the same lane.

Next:
1- In addiction to this feature the Drawing Tools for Velocity, when we have a usefull tool to draw in the sequencer the velocity, the work flows fast and it could be also well inplemented in Reason, a tool were we have the, Linear, Linear Out/In, Sine, square, triangle, Random with several pre-randomized ways to draw the velocity in the sequencer.

This could help alot when we are Play/Rec or a Sound Designer like me and the patterns we record don´t are so linear.

Well sorry the huge text but i really think it is a nice Tool/Progrm for my favourite Tool. GoodBye and Thanks

Luis B.