Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-02-13, 08:46

Playback Problems: Echo Effect

I am pretty much brand new to using Reason 4 and I have only had the product for a week, but I have been cranking out some tracks and having a lot of fun with it. However, on my most recent composition I'm having an issue with one of the virtual instruments while playing back the full song. When I solo the track in question, it plays just as it is supposed to. However when I play the whole song the track in question is messy and I hear more notes than I played and some if them are in the wrong place (maybe an echo). The song is made up of 13 or 14 tracks, and this is the only one that seems to have an issue.

I guess I'm just wondering if this is most likely to be a problem with my audio card (don't have ASIO, think it's DX Primary or something like that, it's built in) or my lack of RAM (512 MB). I'm planning on getting an extra gig anyways, but was just curious which is the most likely culprit, or if it's a different issue altogether. Thanks.