Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-02-24, 02:33

Just wanna share my Focusrite Saffire 6 USB experience.

First of all, hello!
I made this thread since there's little amount of infos and reviews about the Focusrite Saffire 6 out there.

So yeah, I just got a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB and boy it kicks my Firebox big time... At first, I was skeptical about the USB 1.1 but it's really not that of a problem. It has near zero latency. The preamps itself already is very worth the price. It's crystal clear with a lot of headroom. If you compare it the Firebox, it's like night and day. The sound is not that bassy and it's actually better than Firebox. I've used an M-audio Fast Track Pro too, and that one is garbage if you compare it.

The reason I went to the USB route is that, it is for my laptop for mobile purposes. And having a 4-pin firewire slot will require a power supply so that would be a bummer.

So if you're in a quest for a USB audio interface for mobile purposes, try this. It also has some extra RCA outputs if you want to cue or connect it to your mixer. So for those whose still skeptical about it, you could drop that now. Peace!