Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-03-09, 06:12

Windows 7 64 Bit Midi Driver Problem

Hi guys, ok I've been using Reason since May 2001 ( I'm better know as the THE INTRANCER over at reasonstation.net), and I now have Record also. I have an I7 920 setup with a Turte Beach Audio Roady 5.1 external soundcard. These are functioning properly. However every time I reset my system I always have to fix the Midi Driver everytime I start Record by going into the control panel. I'm using a standard USB midi cable which has one Midi In / Out with 2 red and green lights. It does not require any specific midi driver to function.

So what happens when I start record is that I get this which then requires me to go to the control panel and have to go through the problem shooting menu system so it sorts it out. It doesn't matter what driver I install, well in fact it does, as I have tried using others and it compltetly cuts out the any midi input as well as the sound. I'm using the ASIOV2.10 BETA DRIVER ( Windows 7 64 Bit). And I've got it setup to Record Audio Input should I need it. Here's a screenshot of this working for those that need the help setting up the settings.

My issue is primarily with MIDi drivers in Windows 7 64. On Vista the midi driver did on occasion drop out which required me to restart Reason at any time but I didn't have this issue with Midi not being recognised everytime I wanted to use it.
eveytime I use Record I have to go in that bloody control panel to fix it. Infact it has to go through the whole proces in re-installing the bleeden driver which takes about another 20 to 30 seconds.

Last edited by scottym; 2010-03-09 at 06:29.