Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-03-14, 16:18

Taylor Dayne - 'Tell It To My Heart' (Avatar One Remix) Official Remix.. :)

Hey all,

My manager also manages Taylor Dayne, who had a huge hit with 'Tell It To My Heart' in the 80s (original here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccmE_a2yFK4). I've been asked to do a 'commercial sounding' remix for a new release of the track. I'm not sure when/where it is coming out yet though.

Anyway, I have attached a clip of my (work in progress) remix below...

http://soundcloud.com/avatarone/tayl...-one-remix-wip

Drums are all Reason, bassline, tinkles and plucks are Sylenth (plucks have been glitched using DBLue's Glitch (free VST), ARPs are Omnisphere, some of the vocals have been processed using SupaTrigga (free VST) At 8s into the clip you can hear me using Togu AudioLine's Bitcrusher, Filter and Chorus on the bassline, great VST modules, and all free!!! I worked from the vocal acapella, which was sent as a wet (reverb and delay) 192kbps mp3!! I sped it up from 118.065bpm to 133...and voila I hope you like it.

Mike

Airwave & Avatar One - Chase Childhood Monsters - out now on J00f Recordings Listen/Buy on Beatport

Last edited by AvatarOne; 2010-03-14 at 16:31.