Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-03-15, 10:10

MOTIF arpeggio in Reason - SOLUTION!!

I think I found a solution - which some users here may find useful as well, hence this link:

http://files2.keyfax.com/ESPDFs/PHRA...ORY_Cubase.pdf

Haven't tried it yet, and I know it's for Cubase (yikes!) - but, as mentioned in the article, surely the logic behind it applies to other applications as well........happy fiddlin'!

(Note I don't have a mLAN16e on the MOTIF, otherwise Rewire might be another option / solution)

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_ *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I have many old SMF's of Motif sequences that I recently imported into Reason for a bit of tweaking & fiddling which was fun......

However, I was wondering if there is a way to actually import Motif arpeggios which - as far as my limited knowledge is concerned - are nothing but a series of MIDI commands, yes? Because when I import the SMF as a Reason song and assign Reason instruments I can 'hear' the MIDI command being played as a note in the track that contains the original arpeggio. Makes sense?

Ergo, I guess I could look up / try to find the Motif's arpeggio's MIDI command numbers and then manually 'assign' these command numbers to the respective instrument in my Reason song......and this is where it gets just a little too complicated for me - or am I on the completely wrong track (pun intended!) here? Is there an easier / quicker way (like simply using Record for the audio output of the Motif!)?

As always, any advice is much appreciated!

Last edited by crookedhands; 2010-03-16 at 13:14.