Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-03-16, 01:47

Cool Any idea why recording from ASIO (Record) to WDM (goldwave) does not work?

Hey guys. Keep loving Record.

However, as I am testing some direct recording between Record and Goldwave via my audio cards "internal patch cables" so to speak, I realized that I just cant record successfully from Records asio outs to goldwaves wdm in.

It DOES work with both of my other ASIO driven audio daws/apps, as long as I start Goldwave first, so there obviously is no general conflicting between the ASIO and WDM going on.

Could it be that Record somehow takes control of pretty much everything, causing the WDM in to fail? Seems illogical, as the other apps are ASIO and takes control of my inputs/outputs as well, and there usually IS some sound getting in. Its just very "blown up" and "crackly". This is NOT the same as having a too low latency setting or anything like that.

Now, you might ask WHY I need to do this, and my answer is why not? I know that I can just render the whole thing, but I like having the possibility of doing stuff like this, even if I may never use it. Especially when my card have built in facilities to do it

Just wanted to mention it here in case anyone got the same experience, or have any ideas.