Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-03-16, 03:35

Strange DVD freeze on Reason install attempt

Hi.

I tried to install Reason on my laptop (Windows Vista Business SP2; yeah, not my first choice either)

The optical drive will recognize the DVD. I can open the ReadMe file. Whenever I try to run Autorun or InstallReason, the drive will freeze up and Windows Explorer will freeze until I eject the drive.

I then tried to install it on the desktop and it worked fine (XP Pro SP3). I thought it was a problem wtih my DVD drive, but I hooked up an external DVD drive to the computer and tried to install it only to encounter the same problem.

I'm somewhat at a loss of an explanation as to why this won't work. Either Reason doesn't like my version of Vista (possible), I have 2 faulty drives (highly unlikely), or there's something else going on that I'm not thinking of.

Has anyone else encountered anything similiar to this?