Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-05-07, 18:41
maniacomac

Reason 4 often asks to insert DVD at launch on MacOSX

Hi everyone ...

I'm running MacOSX 10.5.8 on a MacMini PowerPC Mac G4 1.33 Ghz and Reason 4.0.1 often asks to insert DVD then asks for my license number at launch. I installed it using the original & legitime Reason 4.0.0 DVD and then updated to 4.0.1 but it still asks for the DVD every now and then at launch. When I insert the DVD, it is accepted, then I have to enter my license number again and it works just fine for a few days until I am asked to insert the DVD and enter license number again. grrrr!!! hate that!

It is very annoying and time consuming when I have inspiration and want to use Reason 4 right now but have to insert the DVD and enter license number again.

I investigate and realised the registration data is stored in an invisible file at this path:

HD/Library/Preferences/Reason Data

But the creation & modification date of this file is january 01st 1904 ... strange !!!
I am 100% sure my system date is set correctly to today's date.

I deleted the registration file and launch Reason 4 to see what's happening... it asked me to insert the DVD, then entering the license number again as expected. Well, the registration file is created again with january 01st 1904 as a creation date ... humm! Is this a bug related to my Mac model and Reason 4 not able to get the correct date from my system ? Saved songs have the correct creation date ... very strange!!!

Someone has an idea ti fix that annoying issue ???

Thanks in advance

Last edited by maniacomac; 2010-05-08 at 01:00.