Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-09-02, 03:26

BIG BUG found in Record 1.5 & Reason 5. Watch the video!

Ring the alarm !!!!
i found a really big bug in reason 5 and record 1.5:
More the project file is big and more all the operations in the software (browse sample and autoplay, create track, save...etc) are (very) slow

Step 1-i start with a project with 1 patches of reason piano (you can try with another soundbank of course) without samples self containing, save it, the file weight is 1.2 Mo.
The speed of all the operations is normal

Step 2-i check all the samples in song self contain settings, save it, now the project file weight is 101 Mo.
Now all the opartions are slower
If i continue to increase the weight of the file, all the operations are slower and slower...

Step 3 -If i uncheck all the samples in "song self contains settings" and save the project again, the global speed of all the functions become normal again.

i test this on reason 5 + reason 1.5, and reason 5 solo, on windows xp 32 bits and windows 7 32 bits the results are always the same. I try this with new projects and old projects created with record 1 + reason 4 and the results are the same.

I also try this test with record 1 and reason 4, but with these versions all is OK!

Please watch this video to see this test (select HD in resolution settings for see details)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTh8hDg2Lxk

In this video in just try the speed of autoplay function in a redrum for example, but all the functions (as create track, rename track...etc) are slow too

Am i alone with this bug??

Sorry for my bad english

My configuration
Gigabyte MA790X-DS4
PC AMD Phenom 8650 triple-core-processor 2.30 Ghz
4 Go ram