Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-04-19, 08:24

How do I use Zero sl mkII without Automap?

I'm using Reason/Record and find Automap really helpful when producing and writing, even though I cant figure out some crucial stuff.

Is there a way to setup a customized automap screen/page which controlls several different effects/combinators in reason/record? For example, I wanna have one knob changing a breat repeating effect on drum track and on the sam page a knob controlling filters on a synth on another track? I don't want to move around on the tracks all the time.

If this is not possible with Automap - can I run the Zero as a generic MIDI controller and assign knobs and buttons manually? YES some say, just set the Zero in Advanced mode. Ok. But then what? Reason/Record still don't learn when tweaking knobs on the zero? What am I doing wrong.

The f*****g drum pads! How do I assign/use them on Kong for example?

The buttons FX, INTR, MIXER - what are they for? In my min they were supposed to be shortcuts to the DAWs mixer, Intruments and so on. These pages are empty. How do I fill them / use them.

I would be soooo glad if some Novation-pro could answer me!