Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-09-24, 17:51

Lightbulb New tutorial series - Wobble Bass 101

Okay, so I'll probably get flamed all over for posting this one, but I'm sick of the style of most of these wobble bass tutorials claiming to be 'the way rusko does it' and then just posting 'lfo - filter cutoff' and still having an awful sound to them...
My intention here is to start a series of videos that cover everything from the very basics of making a wobble and applying filters + sub bass to a separate sound source (which I don't see many people doing these days, way too many people using thor alone, and just using osc1+2 for top end and osc3 for sub bass) to the more advanced chorus and distortion effects used to make many of today's wobble tricks.
I had to wait to start this, as the screen recording program I had was only recording at 640x480, but now i'm happy to say that I got a brand new program and my videos will be edited beautifully at 1080p
The first video, covering how to route the matrix in thor to route an input source into the wobble filter, and adding non-distorted sub bass. This is just the practical setup I employ when I begin my dubstep songs, and I slowly build from there. I'm hoping to get 1-2 videos completed a week, so check back for more soon!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuB45RJTaOc&hd=1
The combinator patch - complete with my pretty graphics - is available at http://www.sendspace.com/file/lansvx ... be sure to grab it!
cheers everybody!
Antagonist