Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-10-08, 11:31

Newbie PC needed

I used to mess about with reason 2.5/3 some time back, now I have purchased reason 5 and record. My PC might be able to handle it but I'm having enough issues with that anyway so a new one is required.

Obviously I need one with decent spec to run this software with minimal latency. What soundcard would people recommend? How much memory is needed? I already have a 19" widescreen monitor but would I be better off with a twin screen setup, get a 24" or just stick with the one I have? How important is the graphics card for this sort of software (I don't play any heavy graphics games on PC). Or there any super important requirements that I may not have thought of?

I've looked at some PCs from Scan and Chillblast as these have won awards from various mags in the UK but I think things could end up really expensive. I was hoping to spend about £1500 but it's looking more like £2500 from these places. Do I need to spend that much?

Sorry for all the questions!