Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-10-10, 05:45
Ckaz

New to Reason, I have a basic question

Hi there,

I am using Reason 5, and I am brand new to Reason in general.
Naturally, I have a few questions or two;

My main concern is that when I am using two different devices (Redrum and Dr. Octo Rex), sound will only come out through one of them.
So if I make a drum loop in redrum, and I'm done working on it and now want to move on to looping in a horns sample, I go to preview the sample and no sound comes out. At all.

This seems to be the case with every device, no matter what order they're in. The device that I fire up first upon starting up Reason is the one that will output sound, and all of the other devices decide to go mute. Even if I delete the first device, no sound will come out of the others and I am forced to restart the program.

Any suggestions?