Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-10-26, 07:51

Arrow After 10 hours of Recycle recently..

I've been trying to clean up my sample folders recently and ran across a very old but decent collection of hi-hat and ride loops (RADS vol3).

After combining left and right files for hundreds of loops, I then began the process of Recycling. I think I just gave up. Here's what I think..
  • Recycle sucks. It's like a museum piece of something that used to be very impressive and now is pretty much the bottom of the software barrel. It used to be a big deal, but so were brick-sized solar calculators.
  • I don't even know where to start on feature suggestions, other than... Please Props, do something with Recycle.
  • With it's current feature set it belongs in Reason (previously requested, presumably ignored).
  • A massive number of improvements could justify paid upgrades to the standalone product.
  • I used to have patience for this. Earlier in this decade I spent hundreds of hours Recycling. I'm sorry, I just can't stand it any more.
As it stands now, all Recycle does for me is make me give up and go buy REX libraries. Now if I could find that RADS library as a REX2 download. Sigh.