Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-11-07, 23:27

Any suggestions on what to do next with this drum n bass track?

Hi Guys,

I've started another drum n bass track and I've kind of got to a point where the basics are there (drums, background chords, bass, piano lead etc) but I'm not sure what to do next to improve it. I mean it feels a bit unfinished and boring in its current state...
You can hear it here: http://soundcloud.com/cjwdnb/cjw-project-9-wip

I'm planning to add a couple of breaks and mix up the drums a little (at the moment its just the same drum beat all the way through) and I've already added a few sound effects etc to make it a little more interesting, but other than that I'm not sure what else I can do without just making it messy and crowded. So I was just wondering if anyone else could see any particular areas that I should concentrate on to liven it up a bit? Or do you think it is OK as it is and adding more to it would make it too busy?

Cheers
Chris