Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-11-12, 05:58
warhawk187

Great audio interface for use with Reason and my guitar?

Hi everyone, I was hoping to see if anyone could recommend to me a great soundcard/audio interface that goes well with Reason and also my guitar setup. I would like this to be optimal for use with Reason 5.

The type of sound card I am looking for:

USB2.0 Audio Interface
Minimum of 2 inputs, with one that will be used for my Ibanez As103 Custom and through my Digitech RP1000 effects processor (if possible)
24-bit/96khz minimum
Must have an incredibly low latency for the price range
Im looking to spend less than $250 dollars

I understand that the price limits me greatly, but I know there are good audio interfaces out there but Im not necessarily savvy on what its the best option for me.

My desktop specs:

Asus M78NX AMD2 Motherboard
AMD 9980 Quad Core Black Edition @3.0Ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM
64GB Kingston SSD

And my monitors are Behringer Truth B2031A's.

Ive been looking at the E-Mu audio interfaces as well as this Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 but dont seem to know what to look for in terms of quality.

Also, is it possible for my guitar to act as my MIDI Axiom 61 Keyboard in regards to allowing the patches to be layered over my guitar sound? Or would I do that using ReWire?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help steer me in the right direction.