Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-11-24, 18:40

Transfer License, then upgrade? (new user)

In an effort to get R/R on the cheap, I picked up the Reason 4/Record 1.0 Duo from another user. All I got from the seller was the license numbers. No discs, no ignition key, no authorization card. Licenses were transferred to me successfully, but I have a few questions.

1. With Reason 4 (and Record 1.0) now showing on my account, should I be able to purchase the 5.0 upgrade and end up with 5.0 and the free download/upgrade of Record 1.5... or would I have to buy the full version since I'm not the original purchaser?

2. I have Record 'demo' version 1.0 on my machine so I'm assuming I should be able to 'unlock' it now that I have the license number. I don't have Reason 4.0 demo though and the only version I see online is vers 5.0. Am I correct to assume I will have to order the Reason 4.0 disc in order to install and 'unlock' it?

At first glance to me, it looks like I would need a replacement Reason 4.0 disc ($33), a replacement Ignition Key ($40) and maybe more. Then the upgrade ($129).

I should've just bought the full new version, right? haha