Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-12-10, 03:42

Question Legal to sell my music and/or "beats" and "instrumentals?"

So, I'm sorry if this is written/explained in an obvious manner somewhere. I suck when it comes to reading and understanding legal docs.

My short question is this: Is it legal for me to sell for profit music that I make using reason and record? Even if I'm using straight samples from the refill packs bundled with the software as well as official propellerheads refills that i have purchased?

The extended question: I'm looking to sell music that I've worked on using reason/record on itunes, have any of the rest of you done that? If so, what method did you use to get your work up on itunes? - Tunecore? - CDBaby? Something else? Did you like the service/method you used? Pros / cons?

Have any of you sold "beat packs" or "instrumentals" instead of "complete songs" via itunes with the idea that the consumer would purchase your tracks for sampling? Does that in anyway violate a licensing agreement with propellerheads?

Hope my questions were clear. Any insight any of you can give would be much obliged. Thanks guys!