Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-12-13, 05:55

Question Control Room Output or Master Bus Out?

I am in the process of finally reading the Record manual, and have come to the part about the Control Room Output. I have been using the Master Bus Out slider as my main volume control, as this is the way the Hardware device is wired by default. If you are supposed to use the Control Room Output for monitoring, why isn't it wired that way from the start? Furthermore, the manual suggests that the "DIM -20dB" button is used to lower the volume in case of a phone call or such. Shouldn't that button be on the Control Room Output, if that is supposed to be used for monitoring?

My audio interface only has one output, so which one should I be using? I understand that the Master Bus Out effects the output level when rendering an audio file as well as to the hardware out, and thus should be left at 0 dB normally.