Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-12-14, 10:06

Cool Which Refills are *A MUST HAVE* for Electro (House) ?

Hello boys and girls

So i`ve recently decided to take a chance with electro. I donated myself the Nu-Rave Sample Magic Refill and i`m loving it. Never used the Dr.Rex that much as i am doing now.

The only slightly negative part on this specific Sample Magic Refill is that there are no Leads to be used. The package consists entirely out of loops, stabs/hits and fx, which are mostly superb i must say!

But since i`m more a musician than a sound designer i would like some pointers on which Refill i should look towards if i want to employ my own phat/sleazy/dirty electro "melodies" rather then, or on top of, the used Sample Loops from Nu-Rave.

---------

the type of sound i would be aiming for is per example:

Boyz Noize
Justice
Daft Punk
Deadmau5

etc

(also the "funky" stabs employed in such tracks, i would like to know which Refill are sure to have these within... example track of funky sounds would be from Justice with the track named Genesis)

Thanks in advance !