Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-12-23, 17:55

Help me decide which version of Record I Need

I have played on and off with the Record 1.0 Demo and I think I have decided I need the full version. I began looking for the full 1.0 version online (mainly because I assumed it would be cheaper) but I can only find version 1.5 (I anticipated that as well). Money, of course, is an issue and I do not want to drop $300 for the DUO pack.

Is the academic or educational version the same as the full version? I am taking some college classes so technically I should qualify for it. Musician's Friend refers to it as "Record 1.5 Education Single User Pack" does this just mean the license is only good for 1 computer? If I reformat my computer down the road I can reinstall still use the program with the same license right?

I am a big fan of making purchases on Amazon due to having free 2-day shipping (Amazon Prime rules!). I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Propellerhead-...3122855&sr=8-4

The price in cart is $138.67 and is the cheapest I have found online. Is this the full version? I don't see it listed as "Record for Reason Owners" or as an Educational Version. Do these come with the Ignition Key or do I have to purchase that separately?

Basically I want the full version of Record 1.0 or Record 1.5 for as cheap as possible.

Thanks in advance!