Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-12-29, 14:31

Basic USB Audio Interface Advice?

Hello guys

I have a new computer coming shortly but it doesnt have any PCI slots so I will sadly be saying goodbye to my PCI M-Audio Delta 44.

I am looking to move to a USB audio interface. I mainly run Reason 5/Record 1.5 (packed with refills) with a midi keyboard and also use Cubase Essential 4 (via rewire) for other extra effects etc.
I've heard some scary things about USB with latency and driver issues but I will only really need it to run my music progs and to plug my mic into, and possibly another input for my Yamaha MM6's audio.
I also would like the headphone and line out (to speakers) to be on the box too and need it to work with Windows 7 as my new PC is:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel i5 650 Processor
6GB RAM

My budget is small, just £50 -£80...with a push to £120 if needed. I was looking at the Lexicon Alpha Studio USB Interface but I've read some hairy things about it...but that's the sort of thing I'm after.
Can anyone recommend a good little interface (with headphone/mic/volume control etc) or had any experiences running on Windows 7 64bit?

Thanks for any advice!!

Cheers

Kat