Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-01-17, 12:07
Zildjian1988

Drum Triggering device

Let me suggest you an idea of a new device for triggering and exchanging drum sounds, like drumagog or spl drumxchanger. I think it will be very useful. This device should have two ways for triggering drums. First is common - you load a number of samples in it, plug it as insert, set up the threshold and choose the dry/wet ratio. It will be very nice to add the trigger signal eq - i can edit only the signal, wich triggers the device, but I won't hear these edits (this feature is made in spl drumxchanger, and it's very useful for me). The second way is more interesting, and unique. The idea is converting audio signal to cv gate signal. For example, I have a multi-track acoustic drum record, and the Kong with drum samples. I don't load the sounds into our new device, but i set up the threshold and the triggering eq, and connect the cv cable in appropriatecv input of Kong. And - voila The audio signal triggers the pad of Kong. There can be a one-shot sample, or an audio signal can trigger a whole drum loop. I think it will be very nice and useful, and I hope this device will be in next version of Record.