Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-01-28, 16:30

Programmer - Extended Modulation Routing

Hi everyone !

One of the main advantages of Reason is its automation everywhere linked to the machines, also useful in the combinators.
The modulation routing is quite a good point, but I think it could be better again !

In this picture, you can see changes in the modulation routing (top-right), and down of the programmer I drew the results of the current programming.
("Gain d'entrée" : Input gain - "Gain de sortie" : Output gain)

1. First of all, I think it would be great to have more than 10 automation programming only. That's why I added a scroll-bar on the right, and when we get to the tenth programming, a new one is created automatically.

2.1 Then, I added two block separations in between "min" and "max". The point is to have an extended automation result : Not only a linear progression, but a multiple progression !
Under the programmer, those examples show the source and two different applications of this programming.
2.2 Did you notice that in the modulation routing part, a line is selected ? It is normally not possible and useless, however because of the 2.1 explaination, it would be useful for the source automations between "min" and "max". My example shows 64 and 100, but if I select another line, those values could be different.
2.3 You also should have notice black colored blocks for the "Bouton 1" and "Bouton 2" : That's because we can't apply variables between 0 (Off) and 1 (On).

3. And finally, it would be great to be able to double-click on the values and set them by the keyboard instead of the mouse only. I'm such a maniac about values, which are always a multiple of 8, also because it's better to remember those. And it's long to set a precise value by the mouse !

--------------------------------
Tell me what you think of my suggestion. And please do reply if you think this idea must be realized !

Personalised Combinator patch productions for Reason
Questions and critics are welcome and quite appreciated, browse this page to post a message.