Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-03-12, 08:07

Red face Record 1.5 - Help Recording BASICS

Ok, so I love to play my guitar and write songs, so I thought it would be great to get Record and actually record them........... and, well........ I suck! I can't figure this out! I feel like such a dufus!

I start a new file, I've got everything plugged in, but... the only way I can hear my guitar is when I have the "Monitor" button on (Hardware Interface), and I can't lay anything down to track... It's like it's not even plugged in.

I would think it is a driver issue, but I know all of that is on-point, and I can hear everything fine when I have the "monitor" button down...

I'm just running my electric guitar through an M Audio Fast Track. Nothing fancy, just the basics. HELP!

What am I doing wrong? I can't find anything on the net that is like a "Record 1.5 for dummies" tutorial - can anyone help me? I know once I figure out a couple of the basics, it will be all smooth sailing from there, but wow, I installed this three hours ago and I've come to a sad, dead halt! Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!