Reason Won't Connect to AT2020 USB Microphone
I have 10.6.5 running on MacBook Air and a Audio-Technica 2020 USB microphone. I followed the steps here:
I successfully changed the small icons to show that the AT2020 USB is 2 audio in, and Built-in Output for 2 out.
But when I test the set up, it turns out that the audio in is actually coming in from the microphone built in microphone right above the MacBook Air's screen, not the USB microphone.
I have tried everything I know, restarting, reinstalling, etc. but Record only uses the built-in microphone.
I have garage band on the same machine, GB does recognize the USB microphone with no trouble, Record fails.
Anyone have the same issue? Anyone get Record to recognize AT2020 AND use it?
OK, there is more than one step to get this to work, I haven't seen documentation on this, so here goes:
1. go to Record > Preferences
2. Select Audio from the top pull down
3. Click on Control Panel... button about half way down
4. In the Audio MIDI Setup application, Choose + to create an Aggregate Device
5. Place a check next to AT2020 USB in the column on the Right
6. (This is what caused my fail) then also place a check next to Built-in Output (or what ever ur output is) Failure to set both made the Aggregate Device appear to be active, but was not.
7. restart machine (this was required the first time)
Last edited by u7u7; 2011-03-31 at 01:14. Reason: solution found
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|?'s about exporting tracks out of RSN and into another app.||DSUB||Phead User Forum (read only)||8||2011-02-21 03:42|
|Reason rewired to SonarHomeStudio (6)||xartrax||Phead User Forum (read only)||0||2008-09-27 18:08|
|Musikmesse - any news from the propellerhead booth? -nt||electrofux||General Forum (read only)||22||2007-03-31 18:25|
|Reason / DP / OMS Test Results Within...||arothman||General Forum (read only)||2||2003-03-05 03:26|
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:30.