Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-04-16, 06:02

Focusrite Saffire pro 40 using RECORD , opinions and info please

I've had reason 2.5 since it came out ,but never really spent any time with it , mainly because i didn't like using it as a re-wire with the Sonar 6 program i was using at the time on my very unreliable and lame toshiba laptop.
Now i just got a new macbook pro w/ I5 and 4gb of ramm , and want to have a solid and reliable set up with my macbook. I am looking at getting a Focusrite Saffire pro 40 ($ 500 ) and getting the reason 5 + record upgrade ( $ 160 ) .
I need to be able to record 8 live tracks into the RECORD program using the Saffire pro 40. I will be using the RECORD as my main DAW.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS SET UP ? is it good? is it lame ? is it reliable ? something better than the saffire pro 40 in same price range that would work better with RECORD ? Any info and opinions would help me out in my decision making on this matter. Thanks.