Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-04-19, 08:17

Record Help (headphone monitoring)

First off I'd like to thank everybody that helped answer the missing sound file questions. I appreciate the help.
I just recently bought record which I love. I am also currently working with Protools,it just depends on the project. I am very familiar with studio recording as well.
In Record I am having a hell of a time figuring out proper monitoring levels. Monitoring, meaning that if I want to turn the vocals up in the headphones or turn up the instrumental as well. Thats what I mean.
In pro tools there is option you can select called low latency monitoring.

I have the levels right on the pre amp for sure. The instrumental is an imported wav. file. When I goto turn up the vocals on the mixing board, so I can hear myself properly then the output starts clipping. That is the same with turning up the instrumental track. There has to be a way to be able to turn any instrument up in the headphone monitoring mix without having it clip.
Any help would be great. Thanks