Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-05-28, 10:43

Phase invert in Spider Audio for M/S-stereophony

I like to create M-S-Effects in Record. Having a phase invert option is crucial for the subtraction or addition off the mid-side signal. Inside the Reason Rack is no option to create a phase invert. So the only way to do so is using Record mix channels. In Record every channel has in the input section a phase invert switch. But in order to create a (pseudostereo) m-s effect in record I have to to sacrifiy three mix channels - two mono channels, one with right phased signal, the other with inverted phase, and then reroute them into a third stereo channel to have a common stereo fader and handling.
The easier and faster way could be a simple option in the Reason Rack preferably in the Spider Audio Merger and Splitter. The Spider CV Merger and Splitter has already this option but it works only with CV and not audio.
In the attached file I mounted just the inv plugs of the CV Spider in an image of the Audio Spider beneath to illustrate what I want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spider inv.jpg (54.5 KB, 25 views)