Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-05-30, 16:31

Need Help: MIDI Drums

Hi All,

I have a set of electric drums (Simmons SDMK4) with MIDI outputs. I just bought a MIDI-USB converter so I could use the drums to control an ID8 audio track.

I have finally figured out how to be able to hear the drums through Record. I am using the Advanced MIDI Device to route the USB MIDI channel to an ID8 track. It seems to work fine...except when I try to record. I can hear the drums, but I cannot figure out how to get them to record.

I think the issue is that my electric drums transmit on MIDI channel 10...and that is what channel the Advanced MIDI Device recognizes them on. However, when I go to the ID8 audio track I only have the option of selecting channels 1-8 on the A-D channels.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can use this electric drum kit to record drums in Record via the MIDI interface? I could plug the audio out into my computer and just record the audio, but I would prefer to use the MIDI interface...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SJPROWS