Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-07-20, 02:47

Unhappy Mixing Vocals

Plain and simple I want to be able to mix my vocals so that they sound close to professional as possible. It is a chore trying to get the vocals to fit in with the music. Everything I have read so far focuses on compression. I understand how to compress my vocals, but it doesn't do the trick.

I recently sent a sample of a song im working on to a friend, and his response was, "It sounds good, but it needs to be mixed. I'm sure you already know that though." Ouch! That hurt. I know it needs to be mastered, but dang. It is that obvious? Please listen for yourself and send me some advice.

http://soundcloud.com/rebel-side-7/anna-pifany-sample

If you can teach me how to mix vocals I will be your friend for life (not that you want or need one).